1. PROPERTY RIGHTS The Website and the contents provided on it (texts, images, animations, logos, slogans etc.) are protected by copyright and trademark law.
2. USE, REPRODUCTIONS You may view the Website, download it, print it and use the provided functions. Every change, reproduction, distribution or other making available requires the explicit written authorization by BMI Group. In case of an authorized reproduction, distribution or other making available, the contents taken from the Website must be accompanied with a source citation in the following form: Source: www.bmigroup.com and © BMI Group Management UK Ltd
3. LINKS Without express written authorisation from BMI Group you are not permitted to conduct changes to this website and/or its contents. You may link the Website or individual pages thereof from other websites in the internet via usual methods. Any such linking must not create an inaccurate impression with regard to the authorship of the Website and its contents through the way and type of linking or displaying the Website or its content (e.g. through inline display in or embedding in another website by frames). BMI Group reserves the right to request deletion of such links to the Website. Any possibly existing external links (i.e. links from the Website to third-party websites) have been established exclusively for your convenience. Please note that when using such links you leave the BMI Group Website. Accordingly, BMI Group has no influence on the contents of such website opened via the link and does not assume any liability for damages which may be incurred through the opening and viewing of such website or by downloading or other use of the contents. If links from a third-party website lead to the BMI Group Website, this does not mean that BMI Group has agreed to the contents of such third-party website or is responsible for it.
4. COMPLETENESS BMI Group applies the greatest possible care to ensure the correctness, completeness and topicality of the information contained on the Website. Nonetheless BMI Group recommends checking the accuracy of the information before using it. BMI Group does not assume liability for the contents of the Website or for damages which are caused through viewing, downloading or using the Website.
5. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA The Website allows you to contact BMI Group via email to our Director of Group Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org. The personal data provided by each respective user is stored for the purpose of answering your request. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for these purposes, provided that this is not prevented by legal retention requirements or you have declared your consent to a longer storage. The processing of your personal data, as described above, is necessary in order to answer your request (Art.6(1) sentence 1 lit. b) GDPR). The processing of further data provided voluntarily by you in the contact form is based on the interest balancing clause of the GDPR (Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR). You can object to the storage and processing of your data at any time by sending an email to Privacy@StandardIndustries.com.
6. PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS The Website gives you the opportunity to sign up for job alerts by email, apply for jobs online or via email for employment or training positions offered by the BMI Group and its affiliates. For such online alerts and applications, the Data Privacy Statement applies in addition to other legal requirements. On the basis of an online application initiated by you, we process the personal data you provide to BMI Group electronically for the purpose of the application. Such processing is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (cf. Art 6(1) sentence 1 lit. b)GDPR). Please read this Data Privacy Statement before you send us your personal data. The data protection declaration of this Clause 6 applies in addition to the remaining legal notices.
6.1 Data Submission When applying to BMI Group and its affiliate companies online or via email you provide BMI Group with personal data such as name, postal and email address as well as information regarding your education and professional qualifications, certificates and other information and documents commonly used when applying for a job. In your own interest please only disclose special categories of personal data (such as ethnic background, political opinion, membership in a trade union, physical and mental health, or religious or philosophical belief, collectively “Sensitive Data”, cf. Art.9(1) GDPR) that you expressly wish us to receive. We do not expect you to submit nor request you to send such Sensitive Data. For information on our use of applicants’ personal data please refer to the BMI Privacy Notice for Employees and Contractors which you can access here. By submitting your data you consent to us storing and using this information in accordance with legal requirements, the Conditions of Use of this Website and this Data Protection Declaration. When using the online application form, your information and files will be transmitted to BMI Group only after you have declared your consent to the collection, storing and use of your data in accordance with this Data Protection Declaration by checking the corresponding box in the form.
6.2 Storing, Use and Deletion of Data BMI Group stores and uses information and files provided by you only to record and process your application, which includes contacting you. If your application is successful, the information and files you provide may continue to be used in the course of an employment relationship with you. Otherwise, BMI Group will retain your information and files for a period of 6 months after completion of the hiring process (unless a shorter period is required by local law) in order to be able to answer any questions regarding your application, to comply with legal obligations and assert, exercise or defend any existing or potential claims. After expiry of this period, your data will typically be deleted. For further information on how BMI Group stores, uses and deletes applicants’ personal data please refer to the BMI Privacy Notice for Employees and Contractors which you can access here. If, by checking the corresponding box, or by indicating then when applying via email, you have given us approval to also send your information and files to other BMI Group companies, we will forward your application file to other group companies that might have open positions suited to you.
6.3 Data Transfer to Third Parties For purposes of your application, we reserve the right to transfer your information and files to recruitment consultants or similar service providers which we might have engaged for recruitment purposes. Such consultants are bound by materially identical data protections as we are. Apart from the before, the information and files you have submitted as part of your online application will not be forwarded to third parties unless you grant express consent or we are presented with an official order.
6.4 Cancellation; Withdrawal of the Application You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent for us to continue to store and use personal data you have supplied. In addition, you always have the possibility to withdraw your application. If you withdraw your application, your data and files in the applicant databank will be deleted as set out above. In addition, during an online application you can at any time request that BMI Group delete any individual data or files you have transmitted. We will handle any such request in line with the provisions of GDPR.
9. CHOICE OF LAW & COURT The laws of England & Wales shall govern any legal disputes which arise from the use of the Website and/or its functions. The courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising in connection with the Website and/or its functions.